Wednesday 18 May 2011

Novak's Winning Streak


Neutrality:

What Novak Djokovic is doing right now is not only a wonder in men’s tennis, but in the whole of sport. Not only does he have every answer and ask every question on the court, but he’s making the champions look like challengers. Every single aspect of his game is perfect – the serve, the forehand, the backhand, the net play, the pace, the change-up, the movement, I could go on. And I will. The fitness, the mental strength, the tactics, the aggressiveness...Something seems to have clicked in his tennis brain after carrying his Serbian team to victory in the Davis Cup last year and he looks as if he has no intention of slowing down anytime soon. Seven tournaments and seven titles, unbeaten all year, and dominating the world number one Rafael Nadal  4-0 including 2-0 on the Spaniard’s favourite surface makes the French Open look a lot more interesting than it has for the past five or so years. The tennis world indeed waits with bated breath.


Omes:


AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHOLSEGBDSIHGPSJGS\KN;AWO4TIU=!!!!! WHY RAFA WHY???? I’m so scared, I’m so scared. Nole’s form is unbelievable, congrats Nole blah blah. But he’s actually succeeded in making me hate him a little – and I love him! I’m so bored of this streak. Please win the French Rafs, please win! OMG I’m so depressed. I still maintain that Rafa didn’t play at the highest level he could - I reckon that if he did he would have edged at least two out of those four matches. Anyway I think his level is where he needs to be at this point in the calendar, he doesn’t want to peak too early. The only hurdle I guess is the mental side – Nole has entered his head like that awful song by Ashley Simpson. But he needs to shake it off and come up with a strategy. I mean Nole can’t have NO weakness, maybe he should look at what Andy did in Rome (let’s not talk about how Andy should have been the one to end the annoyance that is Nole’s streak). Anyway I still think he’s gonna win the French and have total confidence in those unequally-sized but evenly-fantastic biceps.

No comments:

Post a Comment