Saturday, 23 July 2011
It's been an awful couple of days for many. We need happy times. Thus:
Captured by NadalNews, recommended by Andy Murray.
Yes folks, it's happening! I've already done a fangirl and pre-ordered mine. The book is aptly named: Rafa. It comes out in August and Rafito promises to kindly release the first chapter soon for our reading pleasure.
I wonder what on earth Rafa could be capable of unveiling in an entire book's-worth considering he's quite the private hombre. Gives a whole new meaning to "we will see what's goin on", no?
(Pic: Rafa's fbook)
Thursday, 21 July 2011
- Rafa talking food. I have to embarrassingly confess that I once used the recipe from Rafa’s 2010 It Must Be Love video to make pasta con gambas. (Yeah...) It turned out horrible. I didn’t use Spanish olive oil though so...
- Rafa bringing the LOLZ in his top 10 funniest interviews. I will NOT say "he's so cute" again. Oops!
- CNN credits Borg for changing the game. Fairy nuff.
- The GB vs Hungary Davis Cup tie is to be played in Scotland again. Andy you’d better cry harder this time. I want to see saliva!
- The ATP’s ‘Hard Court Heroes’ – noticeably absent – Rafa *sniff*
- Let’s be real, the ultimate tennis player is Nole* (...for now... >: ) )
- Loving this rally.
- Lena D looking ravishing in a beautiful ball of fluff at her wedding. If you weren’t there, do not fret; just journey back to Alla Kudryavtseva's twitter timeline that day.
- She will always be number 1 in our hearts. Kournikova will never not be relevant in tennis for a non-tennishead. Still haven't forgiven her for bagging Enrique.
- The fact that there are no top Afro tennis players is major sadz for me as Africa is my muthaa-land. Booooo!
- Things to do with your tennis balls when it’s not summer and you refuse to play in the snow again.
*I hope I'm not coming across as a Nole hater atm, but as someone who thinks Rafa is literally the best thing since organic, seedy, sliced bread, you see my predicament...
(Pic: chtariq on Flixr)
Tuesday, 19 July 2011
Juan "Pico" Monaco lovingly treated the tennis twitterverse with an 18-minute live stream. Conclusion: He is adorbz. With a 'z'.
What we learn from the stream:
- It's Pico's first time live-streaming
- Pico will not dance for his live audience
- Pico says Rafa will join twitter
- Pico believes Rafa will break twitter
- Pico shouldn't even think of cutting his hair
To watch the stream vid, click here.
For a translation of the vid, follow @onthegotennis on twitter - she'll publish the best parts.
(Pic: Pico's twitcam page)
Monday, 18 July 2011
|This is NOT one of the posters. I am currently bored at work. Clickety click the linkety link.|
How much awesome do these Wimbly posters contain? A lot. A lot of awesome.
(Thanks to NadalNews for the link)