Thursday 19 May 2011

Nalbandian Gets Wild Card for Queens

Neutrality:

Former world number three David Nalbandian has been awarded a wild card entry into the pre-Wimbledon tournament, the Aegon Championships at the Queen’s Club, London from 6th-12th June. Nalbandian last made a mark on the tour reaching the final of the Auckland Open in New Zealand earlier this year (l. to David Ferrer). He has however struggled with injuries for the past four years or so. “I am looking forward to starting my comeback from injury on grass at the AEGON Championships at The Queen’s Club,” chimed a willing Nalbandian. The Argentinean has had a good history on grass, making the finals of Wimbledon in 2002 in which he lost to Lleyton Hewitt. He’ll be joining the likes of Nadal, Djokovic, Murray and del Potro at the championships.


Omes:


Good on ya Nalby. I love watching Nalby play but I can’t help thinking that if maybe he worked out like a dog or extinguished gluten from his diet he’d drop a few pounds and maybe be able to move round the court a bit more. A la Nole. In fact I think everyone should give up gluten, Rafa. I’m gonna give up gluten damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment